The pandemic has forced many companies to shift to remote work, resulting in increasing demand for collaboration tools. Consequently, last year, WeCom – a Tencent-created app for enterprises- saw huge growth.
Even now, as the offices are almost fully reopened in China, the app’s ability to connect with WeChat and with other business features it offers, Wecom has made it clear that it is a priceless tool for marketers.
With our Wecom guide, you will learn the insights of this useful app.
What is Wecom?
WeChat Work started as a mini program for businesses to use on WeChat. As the user base grew, it eventually developed into its own app and turned into WeCom finally.
WeCom is a work communication tool created by Tencent specifically for office use. WeCom gives users the same features and capabilities as WeChat, but with more customization options.
This super app offers various types of productivity tools for business management and also provides business solutions to many industries.
What are the features of WeCom?
- Exchanging texts with WeChat: Between WeChat and WeCom sending text documents files is easy.
- Corporate Directory Management: This tool allows you to import contacts into a central location for easy and accurate lookup.
- Video Conference option: The Video Conference option ensures high-quality and stable HD video calls that can be accessed from phones. With this function, you can share documents and screens with up to 300 participants simultaneously.
- Group Live option: The WeCom Group Live Stream function enables teachers to start an online class with their students.
- Company Pay Option: With Company Pay, you can send your employees money or red packets as well as receive payments from them.
- Company-paid Calls feature: With this company-paid phone service, users are given up to 1,000 minutes of talk time that can be used with multiple people. This is a great way for office workers to stay in touch and enhance communication within the workplace.
- Exmail tool: Exmail makes it easy to manage office email communications, with real-time updates and a responsive interface that keeps office workers connected to customers.
- Available File Disk: With File-Disk, users can keep all the important company files organized and in one place. There will be 100 GB of storage for free, or it can be upgraded to expanded storage for a small monthly fee.
- Manage Group Chat: With this option, it is possible to Create group chats of up to 2000 users, post notices for the group, and set exclusive admin permission.
- Extensive Custom Options: Employee profiles are easily customizable, as is access to the Directory. You can also hide departments or members if needed. Logo and brand identity design can be added to the launch page for a cohesive look.
- Check-in/ out Attendance: With this attendance system, you can clock in and out of work from your phone no matter where you are or what time it is.
- Reports Feature: This too is used to keep track of employees’ work progress. It can be checked through reports on mobile phones.
- Approvals tool: The application approval system helps out to configure approvers, set up notifications, and manage application records.
What are the features of personal account tools?
Messages and notifications
Inter-app communication provides messaging through text, voice, and images. Sharing files, and location is also possible. With a license, transactions become available.
Once WeCom is linked to email accounts, the app sends notifications when a new email is received.
Not only can you message members of your team directly, but they will also be added to a group chat where you can access extra features. These include red packets document sharing, meetings, live streamings, surveys, appointments, and voting.
Scheduling teamwork activities or personal appointments can be done here easily.
With Wecom, you can not only create standard calendar entries, but you can also add participants. Once added, these participants will receive notifications about the activity and can choose to accept or decline it.
This works similarly to Google forms. You can create new documents or you can upload them from the drive. Documents, spreadsheets, or photos. You can pick the form. The best part about creating new files on this website is the wide selection of free templates available to users. These templates make work fun and help you get started quickly.
The all-member team folder is a convenient place to store files you want to share with your contact list. But there’s a catch: Wechat members on your team won’t be able to see the docs you share here.
How to sign up for a WeCom account?
First of all, registering a common WeCom account is free. Paid features like WeChat Pay and WeChat Customers currently cost 300 RMB as a verification cost once every two years.
There are two ways to sign up for a WeCom account.
The first one is through a verified WeChat Official Account. It is a pretty easy process. Just log in to your account and find the enterprise WeChat option from the menu. Then tap on the enable button and follow the steps. You will be asked to scan a QR code for confirmation.
You can also register for a WeChat Official Account via the WeCom webpage. It gives you download options for mac and windows. If you are having trouble, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team of agency experts. Our specialty is helping businesses get started in China and executing advertising campaigns flawlessly.
We are your agency in China
If you’re looking to get your business started in China and develop your workflows, we can help. With our support, you’ll be on the right track in no time. We’ll guide you through the WeChat registration process and make sure you get set up without any hassle or confusion.
We are here to facilitate your business’s success. Our team of experts can provide you with the insights and support you need to make the most of your time in China. From helping you advertise effectively on WeChat to ensuring proper compliance regulations are followed, we have you covered.
Your success is our mission. Contact us today if you need any help getting started in China or developing your work.