Important and relevant WeChat statistics
The figures & statistics below will give you a good insight into how important WeChat is in China, especially if you are seeking entry into the Chinese market. WeChat is the leading chat and messaging platform, providing a plethora of services including text messages, audio or video calls, money transactions, the booking of train & flight tickets and hotels, an electronic wallet (offline store payment) and a money transfer service.
<p style=”font-size: 1.5rem; margin: 0 0 10px 0; font-weight:bold;”>Marketing to China it’s also an <span style=”color:#B23C2E;”>Agency</span></p><!– –><p>We are the top and most visible <strong>Web & Marketing Agency for China</strong> you will find on the web. Our Services: E-Commerce, Search Engine Optimization, Advertising, Weibo, WeChat, WeChat Store & PR.</p><!– –><a href=”/contact-us/” class=”cta-article”>Contact us Today</a>
Company & User stats
- WeChat was released on January 2011.
- As of January 22nd 2015 WeChat has over 1.1 billion registered accounts
- As of May 26th 2016 WeChat has over 762 million active users, 570 million of which use it on a daily basis.
- 69% of internet users in China use WeChat
- 49% of Chinese internet users use WeChat moments (the equivalent of Facebook timeline)
- Percentage of China social media users that are using WeChat: 64.5% in 2013, 71.8% in 2014 and 75.9% in 2015.
- China is the country with the highest level of WeChat use.
- Over 83% of WeChat users purchase products online.
- 200 million WeChat users have their credit cards attached to their WeChat account.
- Percentage of population that use WeChat in Chinese cities: 93% in Tier 1 cities, 69% in Tier 2 cities
MARKETING TO CHINA AGENCY
We are the top and most visible Web & Marketing Agency for China you will find on the web. Our Services: E-Commerce, Search Engine Optimization, Advertising, Weibo, WeChat, WeChat Store & PR.
- Over 90% of WeChat users access the platform on a daily basis
- 10pm is the most active time of the day on WeChat
- Male WeChat users spend 1.3x more time shopping through WeChat than female users
- More than 70% of WeChat users play games on the platform
- 10.6% of WeChat users are students
- 64.3% of WeChat users are male, 35.7% are female
- More than 300,000 offline stores accept WeChat payments
- Daily data use by WeChat users (usd) $15.3 billion
- Over 62% of WeChat apps are free
- McDonald was the first major company to implement e-commerce on WeChat
- 100,000 followers are needed so that a business can advertise
- Percentage of WeChat revenue coming from ad sales: 69% (as of 4/2/2015)
- WeChat has over 8.5 million registered public accounts, with a daily growth of 8,000 users
- 67,000 apps are connected to WeChat
- 10,000 WeChat advertisers
- 1,000 WeChat publishers
- Over 100,000 WeChat apps developers
- Over 3 billion webpages are shared daily on WeChat moments
- 76.4% of WeChat users check their Moments on a regular basis
- WeChat has over 10 million investment fund users
- 41.5% WeChat users follow media accounts, and 26.3% follow celebrities accounts
- 84.5% of WeChat users use it for voice messaging and 83.3% for text messages
Age span Stats
60% of active WeChat users are aged between 15 and 29.
Percentage of WeChat users by age span