This article is for companies that already do SEO, have some results and expect to learn more .
A website without traffic is a waste… and all websites in China, need to have a least a minimum optimisation to be found on their “brand keywords
Focus on Baidu, only on Baidu
Baidu is currently no.1 search engine in China with nearly 80% market share.
Why you should focus on this Search Engine only?
- Because all the other have copied Baidu search algorithm
- You are good on Baidu, you are good on other search engines…
Considering that Chinese consumers conduct intensive searches online (either on search engines, social media or e-commerce platforms) to learn about products or services, being visible on Baidu is very critical to capture targeted traffic to your website and ultimately generate sales.
In this article, we suggest 12 techniques to rank you on top of Baidu SERP and triple the traffic to your website.
1. Firstly, Do and Redo SEO audits
Auditing your website means you closely examine your overall site performance to discover why you’re not getting enough search traffic, any bugs that need fixing as well as optimise the content you already have.
#1 Check with Web Hosting (speed matter)
- Domain Name: Baidu prefers domains that use .cn
- Hosting: Baidu wants your site to be hosted in China. However, you can also host your website in Hongkong or Singapore to ensure the loading speed.
- Physical Address: Baidu favors sites that have a physical presence in China. This doesn’t mean you need to set up an office in China. Just make sure that you have local Chinese contact details on your site.
- Censorship: The Chinese government enforces a strict censorship regime for all online activities in China. So anything that violates the censorship regime will see a site either refused listing or de-indexed from Baidu’s database.
- ICP License: all websites should apply for an Internet Content Publishing (ICP) license. Without an ICP license, ranking high on a Baidu SERP is difficult, if not impossible.
#2 Optimise more Pages- Titles and Meta Data
- Make sure title tags and meta data are unique, descriptive and is keyword optimised in Simplified Chinese.
- Title tag character limit is 80
- Meta descriptions and meta keywords do factor into ranking for Baidu
- Meta description character limit is 200, meta keywords is 100
- Alt tags and heading tags also have increased prominence in Baidu’s ranking algorithm – be sure to optimise in Chinese accordingly.
#3 Is each page optimised for SEO keywords that you want to rank for?
1 page 2keywords maximum
- Is the page good for the visitor?
- Is the page proper for the conversion
#4 Is each page and blog post structured properly?
- Is organised with headings and subheadings
- Uses 2-3 sentences per paragraph
- Bold or italicise important points
- Has a call to action
43% of people skim blog posts instead of reading the whole thing. Make it easy for people to read!
#5 Keep URL structure short and if possible,
- Rework on url
- use Pinyin (Romanised version of Chinese characters)
#6 Are you using links in your content?
This includes both internal links (to your own content) and external links (to other websites).
#7 Find and delete zombie pages
Basic SEO Audit Report in Baidu Tongji
2. Learn what your users want
Understand your user, and you will win the SEO battle
MARKETING TO CHINA AGENCY
We are the top and most visible Web & Marketing Agency for China you will find on the web. Our Services: E-Commerce, Search Engine Optimization, Advertising, Weibo, WeChat, WeChat Store & PR.