In China, even if WeChat is undoubtedly the first social network (On approaching 600 million users), it does not have as long a monopoly in the sector. Weibo is on his side breaking day after day new records , making it the most serious competitor to WeChat , especially in this New Year’s Eve where the statistics of the social network exploded.
– 134 million active users, which corresponds to an increase of 31% compared to the previous year
– 51.9 million publications posted in one night , up 15% on last year (45 million in 2015 ) .
– The interactions between users increased by 76 % since last year , although it is difficult to assess , Weibo was measured through the number of engaged discussions, comments posted etc. …
– 18.2 billion views on all publications related to the New Year or Spring Festival.
– 100 million users who sent Hongbao ( red envelope containing money that is offered to relatives, the traditional New Year in China).
That evening, the publication that most buzzed was one of the actor Yang Yang Shanghaien whose message was about the subject of family time, got more than 607,000 likes, retweets 571,000 and 85,000 comments.
Weibo is still important in your digital marketing strategy?
The more time will pass, the more this Micro-blogging social network is gaining in popularity. Still remember that the Chinese platform has more users than Twitter (more than 500 million against 308 million) and has a rapid development. If you wish for example to do business in China, this social network is essential. It will allow you to create your page, to attract and retain community through events, games or contests.
Moreover, this platform enables your community to communicate on the experience they lived with your products or services by giving their opinions. The Chinese are fond of sharing experience, you will be almost essential to serve you one of these platforms to put users at ease.
The relationship between the company and the consumer is of the utmost importance, and to maintain a good relationship is nothing like a good presence on social networks. Humanizing your brand in this way will contribute to your success.
Read more :
- Social Media in China
- Digital Marketing in China
- Social Media Agency in China
- Tips to market your wine in China