Chinese tourism agencies: how to skip them?
My experience told me that most travel agencies believe that the only way to attract Chinese tourists is to establish partnerships with Chinese tourism agencies. Yes, it seems to be a convenient choice. Indeed they can offer great help, especially in administration and sales part.
The Chinese travel agencies always prefer less expensive options to send their customers in other countries.
Here is the list of the largest Chinese tourism agencies:
- International Tourism Agency of China ( CITS )
- Tourism Agency of China ( CTS )
- Tourism Agency of Youth of China ( CYTS )
- China Comfort Travel ( CCT )
Incoming agencies generally do not have other choice than satisfying the requirements of their Chinese partners if they want to do any business. But the problem is that margin will be limited at a low level and the local agencies will enjoy the big part.
Result: in France, 60% of Chinese tourists are disappointed 🙁 with their tourist trip in France.
Any another Choice?
Of course! Tourism agencies should better capture the customers directly and satisfy them with a proposal of decent service and good price, especially interesting for personalized, upscale or luxury travels.
And now with the help of the Internet, it all comes true.
Bring your website in front of your customers via SEO on major search engines in China (Google and Baidu).
Just imagine that you appear on the first pages for the relevant keywords of your business, say “Upscale Travel France”.
The majority of Chinese tourists wishing to travel in France will search in the internet and compare offers. Most of the time, they will find that from Chinese local agencies instead of professional companies in the field.
Having a good SEO will attract visitors to make quotations. This will also give you the opportunity to influence Chinese agencies and make their requirement more favorable for you. In one word, milk your cash cow via SEO.
We offer a Chinese website and SEO
Baidu SEM aka Pay Per Click . You pay per click in order to attract visitors. Words in tourism are often rather expensive (from 4 to 10RMB for one click). This is a good method for the short term that does not require a lot of preparatory work. Things are simple: you pay, you get; no pay, no visitor.
Traffic acquisition via other websites, social networking, online newspapers publications and so on.
Key figures about Chinese tourism:
- 570 million of Chinese are Internet users
- According to the New China News Agency in 2013 1 tourist out of 17 is Chinese
- One million of Chinese tourists visited France in 2011, with an average spending of 2500 euros each.
- Mostly organized trips with groups from 5 to 40 people
- Short stay in France: 2 nights very often included in a European trip package with Italy and Switzerland
- Age: from 30 to 45 years
- The main activity of Chinese tourists is shopping. Then to visit French heritage for a wine tour, honeymoon,a business trip and gambling (source China outbound tourism market )
Don’t hesitate to contact us via email: marketingtochina[at]gmail.com, or skype: philipqianoq if you have projects.