We are an SEO agency specialized in the search engine Baidu which represents between 70% and 80% of the market share currently.
Compared with SEO on Google, Baidu SEO is very special and hard. SEO on Baidu is generally more expensive because the duration of Baidu is longer and the competition is generally more intense than that on Google.
Very few foreign websites succeed in promoting themselves online in China because few companies have really understood how Baidu works such as the impact of Baidu Zhidao network (questions/answers) or Tieba (forum).
Our areas of expertise
We will optimize your website in two ways: inner site SEO and outside SEO.
Baidu gives a lot of importance to the title tag
NB: Having an optimal positioning on the title tag is enough to position even with illogical content.
Baidu gives way to much importance at the meta tag <meta description> and <meta keyword>.
We act on the choice of tag/meta according to the most research keywords on Baidu and on the competition.
Baidu gives an essential importance to the home page of a website. You really have to link the target webpage to the home page to appear.
Like for the chinese website, we advice you to maximize the number of links in the header and the footer.
Baidu gives a big priority to the website 100% in Chinese, and it’s hard for him to differentiate several languages. A website in Chinese with a home page in Chinese if you want to appear. It is also preferable to increase its trustrank to have a website in “.cn”.
Few websites will get this extension because you have to have a company register in China, and there are months of procedures to get your “.cn”
We advice you to have a website in simplified Chinese, distinct from the English version.
Host in China
To give visitors a good browsing experience in China, you have to be hosted locally. Baidu gives a generous bonus to the websites hosted in China and a penalty to the ones outside China. Logic? If the government wants to control the information, it is better if he can contact the Internet hosting service.
It seems logic but it’s better to repeat it, to avoid the “surprise”, the content on your website should stay far away from those topics Chinese government don’t like.
Interesting and quality content
To increase the number of visitors, you need interesting and SEO-friendly content for both Baidu and visitors. The Chinese search engine will give an essential importance to big websites, to websites with a huge amount of webpages.
Strategy of backlinks : 80% of our work
- Baidu will put 1st the websites who has more backlinks
- Baidu appreciates highly trustful links from newspapers or government websites
- The anchor link is not so important
- The URL also doesn’t have a lot of importance
- The origin of links doesn’t influence a lot
- After making tests, the Like button of Baidu (copy of Google +) did not influence the SEO in China.
We act in the battle of the links acquisition which happened everyday in the Chinese Internet, between thousands of local companies and Chinese SEO agency. We say “no” to spams.
We generally spend 80% of our time/budget “Off site” to guarantee a quality SEO on Baidu.
Who is making the Baidu SEO in our agency ?
1. Strategy is firstly made by Olivier (You don’t know oliver? click About Us)
2. Philip (You know where to find him) will then manage and follow the project
3. Our Chinese team will be in charge of the execution
The Minimum duration for Baidu SEO is 6 months of service. Our price varies according to the competition of the keyword, and the work done before.
Reminder : key figures about chinese Internet
- The number of Chinese Internet users is still increasing: 570 millions at the beginning of 2013
- There exists 242 millions of Chinese Internet users who go shopping online (the number increased about 48 million in one year)
- That 90% of professional buyers start their research on the Internet
- That there are a few foreign websites visible on Baidu
Do you Search a professional SEO agency specialized on Baidu ?
If you have a serious project, do not hesitate to contact me if you want to talk about it.
You can reach me by email agency @ marketingtochina . com